The Lewis Mill Supply building was built in 1916 as a hardware supply house serve the needs of the sawmills in Phillips County. With the decrease in the number of sawmills Lewis Mill Supply changed its name to Lewis Supply while expanding into general hardware sales. Lewis Supply opened a branch warehouse in Memphis, Tennessee and later relocated to Memphis selling the Helena building and operations to Southern Hardware. Southern Hardware continued operations until the 1960s in the Lewis Supply building in Helena until moving to a larger facility. The Lewis Supply building was sold to Dixie Glass Company which operated a glass sales and installation company until ceasing operations in the late 1990s. KB2S Incorporated purchased the building in 1998 and began repairs and renovations to address three decades of deferred maintenance and began construction of four apartments on the third floor. The major repairs to the roof and floors were completed and the apartment construction put on hold in 2000. The building was maintained and utilized as a warehouse for storage until 2015 when work restarted to complete the exterior renovations and start a coffee shop and provide retail space on the first floor.
The renovations and work is divided into sections that can be viewed by selecting the pages devoted to each task.
Bailee Mae's, the building of the coffee shop
The Boardroom at Bailee Mae's, the addition of the Boardroom
The Backside Club at Bailee Mae's, the change of the retail space to event center
Exterior Renovations, the renovations and repairs to the brick and windows
Door Reproductions and Renovations, creating new doors from salvaged materials and old photos and restoring existing doors
Mechanical, the addition of new electric service, HVAC and plumbing